May 2, 2016
- Firstly, a common misconception is that you should wash your hair everyday, and it is a continuous discussion within the hair and male grooming industry. Nonetheless, experts and The London Grooming Company’s barber specialists agree that only 2-3 times a week is perfect. The reason for this, is that your hair’s natural oils are constructed to condition and protect your hair, and when you shampoo daily it damages and destroys these vital oils.
- The London Grooming Company recommend that you cool off in the shower. Exposing your hair and scalp to hot water will dry out the hair, resulting in breakage and damage.
- Gentlemen, when hair is wet it is fragile. Therefore, we recommend that you are extremely careful when towel drying your hair in order to reduce damage and breakage to your cuticle, the outer layer of the hair.
- Heat is devastating to the hair, whether you are subjecting your hair to high temperatures when using a hair dryer or straighteners, it is essential that you implement hair-protection to minimise burning and breakage.
- Last but not least, a healthy diet is fundamental when maintaining healthy hair. The cells that make up each strand of hair require key nutrients and minerals, such as vitamin A, C, D, E and Omega 3 in order to facilitate the body’s natural oils and assist a hydrated scalp.
Our online shop will remain OPEN for business during the lockdown. ALL PRODUCTS can be ordered and will be delivered during this period. For more info on COVID-19 visit the South African Government Resource Portal.